It’s been a pretty quiet summer here at ABPW, but we’re getting ready to ramp up for the fall season–noticed our new layout and Twitter account? Voted in our fall comedies poll in the sidebar? One of my favorite things to do in school was always writing the “what I did this summer” essay, and as a blogger, that hasn’t faded. It’s been a pretty grueling summer for me, but somehow I still managed to watch a stupid amount of television.
So, let’s have a rundown, shall we? In no particular order, except that this is the order in which I remembered. And for that extra kick, I’ll drop a 10 word max description of my feelings on it.
- White Collar (USA). Neal and Peter, BroTP. Finger guns at the constant wit.
- Suits (USA). Who run the world? Jessica Pearson. More finger guns.
- Teen Wolf (MTV). Feels age inappropriate, still shipping Derek and Stiles forever.
- The Good Wife (CBS). So that’s why it wins Emmys. Josh Charles, call me.
- Scandal (ABC). Can I just be Olivia Pope already?
- The Wire* (HBO). You come at the king, you best not miss.
- Archer (FX). Everybody. Is. Always. Yelling. Always. LANA!!
- Buffy (WB/UPN). Well, tried, couldn’t get through the third season.
- Homeland (Showtime). Couldn’t turn it off, had a lot of feelings.
- Political Animals (USA). A swing and a double–not a miss, not perfect.
- Girls (HBO, amended to add). Terrible marketing, gets funnier. Lukewarm, but it has its moments.
Still on the list that I haven’t made it to? Veronica Mars, The X-Files, Dexter, Eureka, Alphas, The Vampire Diaries, and more I can’t come up with now, I’m sure. All in good time, I guess. There will never be enough hours in the day to watch all the shows I want to. That’s why I do my summer marathons, you know? I generally tend to watch dramas in the summer, too, since sitcoms take less of a commitment during the regular season.
Any way you slice it, though, I’m incredibly pumped for the coming weeks and all of the fresh premiers. I’ve got a few shows picked out as my predicted hits, and I can’t wait to see how it all plays out this season.
What did you watch this summer? Prep for any of the upcoming fall shows? Let’s hear those lists in the comments!
*Technically, The Wire is still in progress, but it’s more of a long game than the rest, you know? Not something you can bang out six episodes at a time in a few weeks. I’m still overwhelmed by my Wallace feels from season one.